Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Epilogue

Dear friends,

I wanted this blog entry to serve as a kind of closure to the Haiti trip- for now. I have wired the majority of the donated funds to Pastor G, and reprint his latest correspondance:

Doctor Eric,
 
Thank you very much for money, we got it yesterday afternoon.
I am going to buy everything for our orphans children this morning.
May God bless your family and the donators. Special thanks....
The orphans and Nerlande say thank you for your efforts to help us.
More details soon. You,re blessed.
 
Pastor Geordany

I did my best to take a decent shot of the wire transfer paperwork, but it came out poorly- I hope you'll accept on my word that your help reached a noble cause. The balance of the funds, less than 20% of the total, is being held for me by the hospital, earmarked for MY FUTURE TRIP, date TBA.

I will be rather dormant on the blog for a while but before you know it.....I'll be back to it, fighting the good fight for a small, remote orphanage in a blighted nation.

All my best & thank you,

Eric

No comments: