Thursday, January 06, 2011

The Latest From Haiti

Dear reader,

Here is my latest letter from Pastor Geordany; while the situation does not look promising, I don't see how postponing my trip would make much of a difference. I have purchased a rider to my life insurance policy in the event that I am kidnapped or killed (half-joke)....

Dear dr. Eric and Wife,
 
How are you and children doing? We pray God to keep your family safe, healthty and blessed through this new year 2011.
 
Here, things are the same, we don,t have Political stability, we always living in trouble. We cannot wait for your coming but my responsibility is to keep you safe in our area. The Haitian people waiting for a good elections results to know if a new President will take place on February 7th, 2011.
Surely this weekend the results will be there. Please, be patience for awhile and I will let you know what to do.
 
An orphan boy is sick ( Pressoir ) laydown at Hospital. He has a worm inner, he has also typhoid fever and has only nine grams of blood.. Please, let us trust God to find enough money to the bills.
 
Dr. Eric, do you remember a boy of ten years old who has epilepsy every two months? He is my grandson; can you find special medicine for Him when you came in Haiti? I will be glad if you can do that for me, also I have hard pain in my leg, please, try to find some medicine for me . Thanks.
 
My wife, the orphans and all the people say; cannot wait to see you.
We love you Dr. Eric. Hello to your friend ( nurse ).
Please let us know how you are.
 
Your sincere friends, Pastor Geordany and Nerlande

No comments: