Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I'm starting to feel clean and rested. And clean. And shaved. Going over a week without a shower is something somebody should do no more than once a year, if avoidable. I was starting to feel a little bit gamy and scruffy....

We returned last night after an almost 24 hour journey door-to-door; I showered and went right to bed. This morning I was back at it with the family routine, getting up with the children and bringing them to school, but not before I was able to hand out the souvenirs. Baby mama got a hand-embroidered Haitian tablecloth and hand-carved pill/jewelry box. My daughter received two Haitian dresses, and for the boys it was a couple of handcrafted wooden decorative machetes. I also picked up a first grade level Haitian Creole reading and writing workbook, which one of my sons promptly brought to school for show-and-tell this morning.

After I dig out from underneath the pile of bills and finish unpacking, I'll be putting together a little more detailed prose with regards to the trip overall. In the meantime here are a few more photographs. Enjoy!

No comments: