Monday, November 15, 2010

Off and Running....

Well, in one week the Medical Mission has passed the $1000 mark...a pretty decent start. Last year the entire project cost about $4500, but that included airfare, which I will take care of myself this time. In addition to food, medications, and supplies, dollars were used to hire Hatian travel guides/bodyguards, gasoline for the generators (everything at the orphanage is run on generator power, and gas sells at a premium), and some construction supplies to expand the orphans' bunk room (one 8' 2x4 in Haiti....$40!!). So....I make my appeal....let's keep the donations coming,

Special thanks so far to Hurricane Mikey, Angy, VegasLindaLou, Tim M, Marc R, Paul N, David W, and a whole host of others for getting me to this point.

I plan on posting an entire contributor list as the trip gets closer.

Eric

No comments: